Last time I wrote down 11 things that I was grateful for in my quest to reach 100! I took a couple of days to think about what I wrote and realized…this list could technically go on forever. So for today’s installment, I will continue with my gratitude list #12-25.
Gratitude List #12-25:
12. Having money to buy food to put on the table during these hard economic times
13. Have a library that I can borrow books from for no cost…unless they are returned late (i.e. fines)
14. Having my favorite grocery store (Trader Joe’s) be not more than 15 minutes from my home
15. Being able to watch TV and record shows to watch at a later time (i.e. DVR baby!)
16. Having great friends who are willing to help others out during a time of need
17. Being on bedrest (Wow, I am shocked I said that!) because it is providing me some time to think about life changes that I would not have spent the time thinking about otherwise
18. Being able to read about topics of interest to me – theology, homeschooling, education, current events, cooking, parenting
19. Having dishes that get dirty and need to be cleaned because that reminds me that I have food to eat and mouths to feed
20. Having utility bills to pay because it reminds me that I have a place to live
21. Having a Bible to read because I can use it to help me focus on God’s Word instead of having to do it all from memory or oral traditions as disciples did in the 1st Century church.
22. Being able to be limber, despite how ill I feel on some days (Rheumatoid Arthritis has not taken control of my life!)
23. Having a bed to make because it reminds me that I have a place to sleep
24. Having to discipline my son when he needs it – although it is difficult to do, I know that it is best because long term it will help him to stay on the right track
25. Having periods during the day of peace and quiet – the soul needs moments of rest
What are you grateful for?